8.28.2013

Sketchabilities

Well, so far the first week of Santiago being in Kindergarten has been everything I have hoped for. I've been able to spend girlie time with Paolina, I've gotten sooo many chores done, and wait for it...I've had scrappy time! Whoo hoo! In three days I've done FOUR layouts. Unbelievable. It boggles my mind to think what I will accomplish when Paolina starts preschool next week lol.

I normally don't post non-scrappy photos but I can't resist sharing the picture I took of Santiago on his first day. Thank you Pinterest for the amazing inspiration for the chalkboard!

Anyhow, I was excited to play with a sketch from Sketchabilities, seriously one of my favorite sketch blogs. Here's my inspiration...


And here's my take on the sketch...
I used a photo of me holding Santiago a few hours after he was born. Is that little tiny baby really in Kindergarten this year?? For materials I used some seriously old stash. So old I'm not even positive about manufacturers...Making Memories? Scenic Route? Fancy Pants? My Mind's Eye? LOL. I also tossed in a tiny bit (and I do mean tiny ) of new...that little phrase strip is from Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm.

Thanks for looking...and stay tuned as there are more pages coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet layout! Lovely picture. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwdorable pic and layout! Love the background work and distressing!! Thanks for playing along at sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete