8.29.2013

My Scrappy Stash

I love getting new scrappy goodies...but seriously who doesn't? However, I do have trouble justifying new purchases when I look around at my enormous stash. Of course the majority is leftover inventory from my scrapbooking store...but a lot is stuff that I purchased personally. You know...stuff I just had to have lol. Recently I came across two different challenges that had tags shown in the sketches. I was excited because wow! do I have a lot of tags! Quite often I substitute elements to suit me, but in both of these case I decided to follow the sketch and use up some of my tag stash!

This first page is the Scrappy Friends August challenge. And I managed to complete all three challenges. Brenda's challenge was to use the below sketch. Rochelle's challenge was to create a travel themed layout. And Kristi B's challenge was to use the following: Wood, Stripes and a Mixed Alpha.
And here's my take on the challenge...
I used a photo of my Grandma's Aunt's house that we stopped to take a picture of when we were on a road trip from St. Louis to Des Moines in the summer of 2009.

My second page is for one of the August challenges at Scrap Our Stash, which was to use the below sketch as well as one "game card" or "game piece".
And here's my layout...
This page has a photo of me holding Santiago when he was a newborn...not quite a month old.

I'm also linking this layout up to About A Boy, for the "August Anything Goes" challenge.

Thanks for looking, and like I said yesterday, stay tuned for more pages soon as I have been busy, busy at my craft table this week!


14 comments:

  1. Sweet baby page of you and Santiago! I really love that there are scrapbooking papers behind you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet layout! So glad you could join us over at About A Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page of your tiny baby and well done for trying to use up your stash. (because that makes room for more!!!) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Jenessa, digging deep into your stash! Wonderful pages and great take on all of the challenges. Thank you so much for linking up at Scrap Our Stash and completing all of the Scrappy Friends challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layouts as always Jenessa! :) Thank you so much for playing along with Scrap Our Stash and the Scrappy Friends challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet...love the angled tag and that patterned paper with the elephant is perfect! So glad you played along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! the colors re great and the photo is beautiful. Nice to see you again at About a Boy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work with the sketches Jenessa. And wtg working through your stash like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The both pages are great!
    love more the second one, LOL
    xx and tks for playing with us at SOS
    Leila

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on both challenges. Great choice of paper. I love the colors and the little tree cutouts in the top layout.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great layout and beautiful photo. Thanks for joining us at AAB

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pages, Jenessa! I love them and I am happy to see you joining this challenge over at SOS! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious photo and a sweet layout! Thank you for playing at AAB!

    ReplyDelete