8.31.2013

And Some Final Layouts for August...

Happy Saturday! Just wanted to post some pages for a variety of August challenges. And since this is the last day of the month I had better get them linked up huh?

My first page is for a challenge at Paper Secrets which was to use a sketch with the added twist of at least 5 buttons.
I've been trying to finish up an album of photos taken on the trip we took back in the summer of 2009. It was basically a family reunion of sorts. My grandma flew Noé, Santiago and me (Paolina wasn't even a thought yet lol) out to Des Moines where she and all of my cousins on my mom's side live with their families. We then drove down to St. Louis (where I grew up and my Grandma had lived for over 50 years). One of our days in St. Louis we went to a place that sells frozen custard...a place that as little kids our grandparents had always taken us to if we visited them in the summer. This page has photos of two of my cousins with their spouses/children.

My next page is for a sketch challenge at Creative Scrappers.
It's important to me to scrap, not just photos, but cards and other memorabilia...so that they can be remembered and not just forgotten in a box. But I do struggle with getting them on pages...maybe because they're just not as visually "fun" as a photo. So I always consider it a huge accomplishment when I get cards scrapped! This is a card Noé gave me for (obviously) my 30th birthday.

My final layout is for a challenge blog that I only recently discovered because one of my fellow LGS design team members also designs for it. In fact, this sketch is her design. The name of the site is ScrapMuch? and I really encourage you to check it out as it has great sketches to work with! And they post new sketches every Friday. The following page is based on their August Week 1 sketch.
This is my last page in Paolina's first album of her first year of life (both kids get four albums for that first year) I LOVE seeing my dad holding her for the first time. Can you tell he's not super comfortable holding babies lol? I've been dying to use that postage stamp paper from Authentique...but never could find the right time to use it. And here it is!

Whew! I wasn't joking when I said I have been amazingly productive with Santiago at school all day. I got a total of SEVEN layouts done this past week...I wonder if I can beat that next week when Paolina starts Preschool?

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have been so busy! I love the misting in the first two layouts, especially the painted edges of the photo! Bu your interpretation of the ScrapMuch? sketch is just amazing! So perfectly put together! I love every single thing about it and I am so glad that you link it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice page and take on the sketch! Thank you for linking up at Paper Secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful layouts! I really like the texture you added to your pages. Just stunning. Not to mention, your interpretation of Lauras sketch was amazing!! I loved your paper choices, colours, embellies...wait, I love it all...lol. Thank you for playing along with ScrapMuch? I can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete