6.20.2014

Mami & Paolina Day

This past fall Paolina started going to preschool three days a week. For the first three years of her life she had spent every day of the week with me, so this was a pretty huge change for her. She has loved going to preschool, but now the two days that she is home with just me have become very special to both of us. Early on she started calling Tuesdays and Thursdays "Mami & Paolina Day". This past year she has also really gotten into nabbing my phone to take selfies or she asks me to take photos of the two of us together. I decided to document one of those photos in the following layout which was inspired by two challenges: Drill #33 at S.W.A.T. and color combo #250 at Color Combos Galore.

I also used Sketch #29 from Scrap & Music.


There was also an inspiration challenge to go along with the color combo - to focus on one of the photos on the above inspiration board. I wanted to use Inspiration Photo #1 which challenge use to use a doily stamp, but I don't have a doily stamp so instead I used a piece of vellum ephemera from Crate Paper's Styleboard collection that looks like a pink doilie. As far as product I also used some paper from Studio Calico's Lemon Lush and Bo Bunny's Modern Miss, as well as more ephemera from the Styleboard collection. I also tried a technique I learned from watching a tutorial on Lilith Eeckel's blog on how to create a watercolor effect on your background paper.

Thanks for looking and have a fantabulous weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I just love your selfie!! Thanks for sharing it at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Thanks for joining us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful - thanks for joining us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete