6.27.2014

Cardabilities Sketch #101

I used to really enjoy making cards. I sold my handmade cards for several years, and I was commissioned to make wedding invitations twice. I even went through a period where I preferred making cards over scrapbooking. So I don't know when or how it happened, but I have somehow become much, much less of a cardmaker. I haven't even done my annual Christmas cards for a few years now, which was always my favorite thing to do each year. I'm wondering if I simply lost my cardmaking mojo and just needed some inspiration to get me back in the swing of things, because ever since I discovered that one of my favorite sketch blogs (Sketchabilities) has a sister blog called Cardabilities, which features card sketches, I have become much more motivated to create cards again. I didn't get particularly elaborate with this one as this summer has been extremely busy already and I needed to just whip up a quick card, but that's what the current sketch at Cardabilites certainly enabled me to do.

'
I flipped the sketch and came up with this simple thank you note for my grandma...


My grandma loves butterflies, so I started with a journaling card from an older My Mind's Eye line called Quite Contrary and used some of the coordinating stickers as well. I  used two different 6x6 templates from Crafters Workshop to make the background, which was probably the most time-consuming thing I did to put this card together.

Thanks so much for looking and have an awesome weekend!




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card !
    Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Cardabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very original and artsy! Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities. Please join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete