4.10.2015

Fancy Nancy

Happy Friday! Today I want to share a page I created using Sketch #136 from Sketchabilities and Challenge #25 from Scrap Our Stash.



This past summer and fall, Paolina really got into giving me "makeovers". It seemed like almost everyday she was wanting to style my hair and put makeup on me. And when she discovered a series of books about a little girl named Nancy who loves everything super fancy, she then became obsessed with giving me over-the-top hairstyles and adorning my body with every piece of play jewelry in her stash. It's hard to tell from the photograph, but I have about twenty flowers and bows clipped in my hair.

It seemed appropriate to have a "fancy" mixed media layout to display my selfie. I used gesso, modeling paste, gelatos, mists, masks and lots of layers.

Challenge #25 at Scrap Our Stash was to include items from your stash using each letter in the word STAMP. I used...
S - Stencil
T - Tags
A - American Craft Thickers
M - Modeling Paste
P - Patterned Paper

Thanks for looking...oh and if you have a little girl and have never checked out the Fancy Nancy books by Jane O'Connor, I highly recommend that you do so!

Product List:
Me and My Big Ideas Mixed Media patterned paper
My Mind's Eye patterned paper
Crate Paper patterned paper
Colorbok patterned paper
Basic Grey tags
Bo Bunny and Doodlebug doilies
American Crafts Thickers'
Liquitex gesso and modeling paste
Faber-Castell gelatos
Tattered Angels glimmer mist


11 comments:

  1. Great layout and wonderful mix of patterned papers as always! Thank you for inking up with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page! LOVE the picture with all that amazing product you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun page! Love the splash of blue and the banner. Nice job with the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Scrap our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout:) thanks for playing with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love this Layout!! Wonderful!! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love the colours in this layout. Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout! And the color combonation is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great way to document the fun! especially love the fun pic and those adorable flowers! With girls, more is better!!! kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love your layout and colors used! Your layout is so clear it looks digital! Love your style and great job on both challenges! Thanks for taking the challenge with SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful page. I love it. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete