11.10.2014

Let's Get Sketchy November Week 2

I realize that most people in the rest of the country have been experiencing fall temperatures for awhile, but here in Texas (as well as back home in Southern California) it has been in the 90s through most of October. This past week it has finally started feeling like fall. Believe me I'm not wanting to rush the cold weather...I hate being too cold. And don't even get me started on how I feel about snow lol. But a nice crisp 65 with some sunshine just screams "Perfect Fall Day" to me. And that is exactly what we had this weekend. After lots of rain last week, we were all ready to just be outside in the sunshine...and not 95 degrees, but a beautiful 70. It definitely kept me from being homesick! I hope the rest of you enjoyed your weekends, and maybe some of you are even sad to see them end like I am. The good news is that even though Monday may be the end of a perfect weekend, it's the day that Let's Get Sketchy reveals a new sketch! And here is this week's...


I flipped it and came up with this...
These photos of Paolina and my mom are from April of 2011, when we were still living in California and had come out to Dallas to visit our parents. My mother-in-law had given that doll to Paolina since we weren't able to pack many toys for the flight, and she still has it and carries it around today.

When creating this page I was also inspired by the November challenge at Scrap It Girl, which is to use paints, water colors or gelatos. I don't use my gelatos nearly enough...so I got them out and used them like water colors with a stencil. 

I hope this provided you with some inspiration...I encourage you to head over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog for much more!

Product List:
American Crafts Dear Lizzy Luky Charm patterned paper
Bo Bunny Modern Miss patterned paper
Die Cuts With A View Rockstar patterned paper
My Mind's Eye Kaleidoscope and Just Dreamy 2 diecuts
American Craft Thickers
KI Memories and My Mind's Eye buttons
The Crafters Workshop stencils
Faber-Castell gelatos




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous take on the sketch Jenessa! And I still swoon over Lucky Charm, it's still my favourite collection ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so adorable LO. Cute pics. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo gorgeous, love the way you have used the paints. Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is such a cute layout. The picture is just perfect. Thank you for taking part at Scrap It Girl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your use of gelatos (I don't get mine out enough either)...thanks for playing with Scrap It Girl this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Love all the colors and the way you used gelatos! Just lovely! Thanks for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout! I love how you used the gelatos. I don't use mine nearly enough either! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete