9.09.2014

Let's Scrap

Over the summer the time I had to work on my scrapbooking was few and far between, so I found myself sticking strictly to single-page layouts, as I personally find them much quicker to put together. Now that I have more time I decided to get back to working on double-pagers, so I headed over to the Let's Scrap site which is where I often find good two-page sketches. To my surprise and utter excitement I discovered a message that they would be transitioning from a full-blown website to a blog. Yay! And below is their first sketch on their new challenge blog, which you can find here


And here's what I did with it...

I decided to print out these photos in black & white with some focal color for two reasons. First of all there were of a ton of conflicting colors in our clothes and balloons, and it was just too busy. I also wanted to really focus on the balloons which are the main topic...Santiago sending his letter to Los Tres Reyes for the very first time.

I'm also entering this layout into a challenge at the My Scraps & More challenge forum, which was to use a collection at least two years old and to draw something on my layout. I used two older collections...the purple paper is some My Minds Eye from about 8 years ago, and the patterned paper is Basic Grey's Kioshi. And then I used a black pen to outline around some of the white painted circles in my masking work. I love a challenge that gets me to not only use up my stash but also inspires me to be creative as well.

Thanks for looking!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE the soft colors with your adorable B&W photos, Jenessa! Coloring in the balloon adds the perfect pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these photos with just a color or two!! Pretty papers too! Love the inking and the banner too! Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout ! Love how you've picked the paper colors from the balloons. This is such a colorful layout !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! Love the colours and the decision to print your photos in B&W with the pop in the balloons is adorable!

    ReplyDelete