9.08.2014

Let's Get Sketchy September Week 2

It's Monday and back to reality for Noé and me. For the first time since the kids were born we got to spend an entire weekend away from them. We left Friday morning and drove down to San Antonio, and we got back to Dallas late Sunday afternoon. It was so nice to stay in a hotel for two nights and spend some spontaneous & child-free time together. And while we were both excited to see Santiago & Paolina after our time away...it was instant back-to-reality when my parents brought them to our house last night. We immediately had to get them bathed, and after we got them to bed I had to put together lunches for school today as well as unpack everyone's suitcases.

So please forgive this short post...I have a mountain of laundry, an empty fridge, and somewhere I need to squeeze in some gym time (we ate ourselves silly on our trip and my waistline is suffering lol!)

Today is another sketch reveal over at Let's Get Sketchy. This week is a fabulous sketch from Laura...


And here's my take on it...

While I'm glad that it's back-to-school season (I love routine and consistent time to myself) I'm already missing time at the pool. And I will always be homesick for the beach. So it was fun to pull out these old photos of my nephew building sandcastles with Santiago when he was a baby, and reminisce about summer fun!

The background paper is Fancy Pants Nautical and the dimensional elements are from Paper House.

Thanks for looking, and I do hope you will take the time to see what the rest of Team B came up with using this week's sketch.


1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the sketch. So fun with the bright colors and adorable pics. Hope you will stop by and share your Crafty Creation.

    ReplyDelete