9.14.2013

Paper Secrets Sketch Challenge

Have you ever seen a really cool sketch that you were super excited to use but then you started to work with it and your page didn't look nearly as cool as the sketch or the samples of it? Maybe that's just me...but it happened when I was working with this Paper Secrets sketch. Loved the sketch when I saw it. Loved what the designers did with it. Knew immediately which photos I wanted to use with it. Then I just struggled through the whole page. And I'm still not entirely happy with the result, which does happen on occasion but usually only when I've worked with a sketch that I only thought was "okay" to start with. But it's done and I refuse to agonize over it and will just move on to other pages.

Here's the cool sketch from Paper Secrets...

And my take on it...
I used photos of Paolina releasing her balloons & letter to Los Tres Reyes back in 2009. I've been saving this paper from Basic Grey's Soleil line specifically for these photos. Maybe I would be happier with the page if it had a title (like the sketch)...but I had hoped to put the title on the adjoining page which has additional photos of Paolina chewing on the letter & balloon strings. But like I said, I hate to agonize over not being "in love" with this layout and I hope to get over it and move on lol

Incidentally, not only was the challenge to use the sketch but to also use embossing folders. It's a bit hard to see but I embossed a couple of the banners and then inked them.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how we agonize?? I LOVE what you did with the sketch and think it was the perfect photos for the layout! The stitching is amazing and the ribbons are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Secrets and I'm glad you liked the sketch. ;)

    ReplyDelete