5.11.2015

Let's Get Sketchy May Week 2

Happy Monday! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekends. I was thoroughly spoiled, which was completely unnecessary but of course amazing. I always tell Noé that all I want on Mother's Day is a break from cooking and dishes so I can feel free to spend time with everyone, but he went above and beyond by vacuuming the entire house and cleaning the bathrooms. Then he took the kids out of the house for about an hour-and-a-half, which allowed to some quiet time to scrapbook. All of this was more than gift enough, but then they came home and presented me with flowers, perfume and cards. Honestly, as ah-mazing as all of this was, my favorite part of the entire weekend was Saturday morning when the four of us had a simple, late breakfast at Einstein Bros Bagels and then came home and played card games. Like I say...just a break from cooking and dishes to simply hang out. It's all I need.

This weekend has provided me with lots of photos to get printed and scrapped. Do you have pictures you want to get onto pages? Well maybe this sketch from Let's Get Sketchy will help you out with that...


And this is how I used the sketch...

I apologize for quality of the photo. It's been non-stop rain here, which is not conducive for photographing my pages.

When I took this picture of Paolina trying on Noé's boots I immediately knew that when I scrapbooked it I wanted to title the page "These Boots Were Meant for Walking." I'm not particularly good with journaling or clever titles, so I was proud of myself for even thinking of it. Yet when time came to create the page, it just didn't work with the design. I'm sure the opportunity will arise again...

I encourage you to head over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog. Team B has some fantastic pages to share with you, and I'm sure you will find tons of inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment