4.12.2014

Sketchabilities

For me there is something absolutely magical about getting new scrappy goodies. I stalk the UPS guy/mail carrier until my package arrives on my doorstep, I tear into the box like a child on Christmas morning, and then I ooh and ahh over each item. And then the real magic begins as I sort through my photos, matching them to my precious new papers and embellies. If I have recently lost my creative mojo it has now magically reappeared! For the next week or so I'm daydreaming about creating pages, and household chores get put on hold as I pour over my crafting table. Love it!

To further sweeten the deal is finding inspiration in sketches. I used the current sketch over at Sketchabilites for the below page...



For this page I used a photo of Paolina from 2012, when her hair had just gotten long enough to put into pony tails. I kind of miss those sweet little baby curls, although I do not miss how tangled they got once they started growing longer. For product, almost every single item is brand-spanking new (I even used a brand new template from Crafter's Workshop called Coffee Splotch). There's some Crate Paper Styleboard, Basic Grey Fresh Cut, and the background paper is from Michael's. I also used a few scraps from My Mind's Eye Cut & Paste and Crate Paper Love Notes.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely LO, thanks for playing along us at Sketchabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely page! And yes, ponytails get me every time! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchabilities !

    ReplyDelete