6.27.2011

06.27.11

I'm starting to feel like a broken record (as my mom would say) but seriously...June is almost over already?  So I guess I had better get posting with all my projects from this month before we get into July.

I completed five more layouts for challenges over at Colorful Creations.

First up is a simple layout I did using a picture of Noé holding Santiago on his first Father's Day in 2008, along with the Father's Day card I made for him that year. This layout was for their June Holiday Challenge. After photographing & posting it on their site I realized that there was no "apostrophe s" in the title, and I have still yet to go back and add it...and knowing me it just might sit in its designated album forever incomplete LOL!


Next up was my June layout for their 2011 ABC Challenge. This month we were to have a title beginning with the either the letter N, O or P, or a number. And we also had to have the following criteria:
N for name/nickname, needle (and thread), no photo layout or number
O for orange or owl
P for pattern paper or punch
I did a layout of Santiago at the Pumpkin Patch on Halloween in 2009. And to fulfill the criteria I did some handstitching and used orange patterned paper. I look at these photos of him and still feel slightly bad for dragging him out there in that bat costume when it was almost 90 degrees that day...but he looked so darn cute in it!


This layout is of Santiago at Huntington Beach when my in-laws came out to visit over the summer in 2009. I did this one for their Summer Glitter & Glam Challenge.
 





Below is the sketch for Colorful Creation's 4th week of June Guest Designers. This week was Carree Williams.

For my interpretation of the sketch I used some photos of Santiago wearing this adorable winter hat my mom had given him for Christmas. He had just turned 9 months old in these photos...it's hard to believe Paolina is already older than that! Speaking of whom, I'm realizing I've been scrapping an awful lot of photos of her older brother...I really need to get more photos of her developed so she can be in the spotlight too!



My final layout for this month was for their June Birthday Challenge.  We had to complete six challenges along with making a layout using the following sketch & color palette in order to qualify for the drawing.


Here is my interpretation using a photo of my Aunt Sarah & Uncle Ray at the top of the St. Louis Arch when we all went "back home" for 4th of July in 2009. I totally struggled with the color scheme in this challenge, but ended up being extremely pleased with the results!


So I was only able to get seven layouts done this month.  Not because I was too busy to create, but because I was also working on an altered project as well as a plethera of cards.

I finally was able to finish this memorabilia box for my friend who is having a baby girl in July.  This is kind of my signature gift for baby showers.  I try to make a box that coordinates with the nursery and the style of the mother.  This box was a struggle for me because I just wanted to keep adding more, but I knew that my friend would appreciate a more simple style.  I almost wonder if the bling will be too much lol, but I couldn't resist! Anyhow, I had wanted to make it & give it to her a month ago, but her shower was the night before Paolina's 1st Birthday party, so I had been consumed with crafting & cooking for the party, not to mention that every craft store in the area was out of the dark brown wired ribbon that I needed for the handle.  Very strange and very frustrating.  And here is the card I made to go with it:

I have to admit to cheating on this card.  It's basically from a Basic Grey card kit, and I added the Prima flowers, mother of pearl buttons & punched butterflies.  And instead of using the rub-on they had provided (which said something about mothers) I used Thickers to spell "Baby"


I also made end-of-the-year thank you cards for Santiago to give his preschool teacher and the two assistants:






I also made several dozen simple thank you notes for Paolina's birthday gifts plus some other miscellaneous cards but posting those will have to wait for another day as I hear one of my little rascals stirring from their afternoon nap.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenessa! I created cards for family as a little girl too! :D You kept yourself busy with so many projects this month, especially love the altered piece!

    ReplyDelete