11.27.2015

ScrapMuch? Part 1

Happy Black Friday! Did anyone go out and brave the sales today...or last night? I don't usually, but Michaels had an amazing sale on art canvases (70% off!!) and I've been itching to do a large piece of artwork for the dining room of our new house, so I went and got one. It was so enormous I couldn't get it into my car and I had to have my dad drive me back to the store in his minivan to pick it up lol. Now I just need to wait on some more sales to purchase large quantities of gesso and paint to get started on my project!

In the mean time I will continue to dig into my large stash of scrappy product and get those projects done! Like I did with the following page which was inspired by one of the November sketches at ScrapMuch?

All of the product on this page is so old...My Mind's Eye and KI Memories Halloween papers as well as some My Mind's Eye Meadowlark paper and diecuts. Even the photos are fairly old...Halloween 2012. Not only did ScrapMuch? inspire me to create this page, but the giant title was a prize that I received quite awhile back when I randomly won for playing along with their challenges.

When I "finished" this page I realized I didn't have adequate space for journaling so somehow or another I'm going to have to find a good place to put some hidden journaling. Maybe a pull-out tag behind the photos? What do you do when you don't leave yourself space in the design for journaling?

Thanks for looking!


8 comments:

  1. A pull out tag is always a great way to add journalling! Your photos are adorable! Great paper choices and fabulous title! Thanks for playing along with ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a really fun spread, Jenessa! I really like the big title! A pull out tag for journaling would be great, or you could fill up that orange background paper with loopy black words. It would add to the spooky nature of the pages.
    Thanks for joining us at ScrapMuch?! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous double page, great die cutting too! Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!! Fabuolus indeed!!! Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch? Anna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pullout tabs are my way to add hidden journaling too - or sometimes I'll use photo flaps and hide it beneath a photo. That large canvas sounds exciting btw. I'm really here to see your fabulous layout. And you did an awesome job with the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures and fabulous page!! Great take on the sketch and thank you for playing along with us at Scrapmuch?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page! I love using hide-a-way journal tags in my layouts and one would fit perfectly with this one. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Scrapmuch

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another FAB page!! Truth is I don't journal enough :( hidden journaling is great
    Thank you for joining us at ScrapMuch?

    ReplyDelete