2.24.2015

Stuck?! Sketches

I recently bought a paper pad from Me & My Big Ideas called Paint Palette. It's absolutely gorgeous...full of bright pastels, pops of black, and faux watercolor effects. I've been really wanting to work on my kids birthday party photos...between the two of them, the parties (uncreated layouts ) are really starting to pile up. As soon as I saw this line, I knew that many of the papers would be perfect for Paolina's 2nd birthday which had an "Under the Sea/Little Mermaid" theme. In other words, lots of sea green, lavender and various shades of blue & turquoise. I think the watercolor effect also looks beautiful with an underwater theme.

To create the below page I was inspired by the February 1st sketch at Stuck?! Sketches. Laura's sketches are one of my favorites to work with!


And here's what I did with it...

These photos are of me and Noé with Paolina just before she "blew out" the candles on her cake. Isn't that background paper perfect with her Ariel tutu??

Product List:
Me & My Big Ideas Paint Palette patterned paper
Scribble Scrabble patterned paper
Bo Bunny doily
My Mind;s Eye & Crate Paper diecuts
KI Memories felt flower & button
Chatterbox artsy.licious button
The Crafters Workshop template
Liquitex gesso
Faber-Castell gelatos
Tattered Angels glimmer mist



4 comments:

  1. Your paper choices are perfect for her Ariel tutu. Such a beautiful feminine layout! I can't wait to see what else you create with these papers! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page, love the watery colours and pretty accents. Definitely a mermaid feel! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Jenessa, love the color too! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the way you've drawn inspiration from your pics themselves for the color palette! That mint green is utterly divine! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete