1.14.2014

Buttons and Badges

Losing power at our house yesterday was inconvenient, but really couldn't have happened on a better day. Both kids had school and I had plans to go have lunch with my parents to celebrate my mom's birthday. And before it went out I had fed both of the kids breakfast and Santiago had already left for school. My parents were super gracious and let me get to their house early so that I could do my hair & make-up and wash some laundry that could NOT wait until we had power again. So it really did work out quite nicely.

I also got to show off to my mom (who is also a scrapbooker and cardmaker) some scrappy goodies that I received as a prize when I gave her the birthday card I had made for her...
Check out the adorable cupcake flair! Last November my fellow Let's Get Sketchy design team member Sheila had a giveaway on her blog which was a prize from an etsy shop called Buttons and Badges. You really must go check it out...they carry some seriously cute flair. Anyhow I was the winner and my prize arrived this past Saturday. I didn't waste any time with using it and that very day made this card for my mom. I can't wait to use some of the rest of my prize on a layout!

1 comment: