6.01.2013

June 1st Challenges

Because the first of the month fell on a Saturday I have lots of challenges to post today!

First up is About a Boy. The challenge is to create a layout of your boy's favorite summer or holiday activity. Hands down, Santiago loves swimming & playing in the water more than any outdoor summer activity. I don't think he realizes just yet that now that we have moved to Texas from Southern California, we won't be able to go to the beach at the drop of a hat. I'm sure he will be devastated once he does.

I used photos of Santiago from a trip to visit family in Des Moines the summer of 2009. He was just 14 months old at the time, and this was his first experience with a kiddie pool. He was hooked for sure!  I also used Fancy Pants Down by the Shore. This is such an awesome summer collection! On a sidenote I'm super proud of myself for not using a sketch...I completey winged this layout!


Next up is a challenge for S.W.A.T. which is to use the following color combo...

And this is what I came up with...
I used a photo of Santiago from the same trip to Des Moines (the flight back home to be exact).  And I used a sketch from Stuck Sketches. It was for their May 1st challenge, but because I couldn't reveal this layout until today, I was unfortunately unable to enter it in the challenge.

Last but not least is a challenge at Sketches With Color. Coincidentally the color palette is super similar to the one at S.W.A.T., which is fine by me as I love blue and yellow together! Here's the sketch...

Here's the color palette...

And here's the card I created with it...
Hopefully Noé will not be checking out my blog as this is going to be his Father's Day card!

Thanks for looking at all my projects...hope you will have time to join in with some or all of these challenges!







No comments:

Post a Comment